Friday, October 21, 2005

A New Day, A New Blog

I sort of regret not being more of a hardass and making my students call me Ms. Kook. I always feel a little uncomfortable when students scream, "Hey you, Jackie!" when I know they would never refer to other teachers that way. I suppose I'm not the same as other teachers, but in order to teach, I think it's important to have that level of respect. But Jackie Teacher is starting to grow on me. I wonder if it's bad to not correct them since in America we don't address our teachers as teacher...though we do adress our professors as such and I'm not sure what happens in other English speaking countries. Still, Jackie Teacher or Teacher is really cute sometimes so I'd like to keep it now.

I know Hilary, Kristofer and I share Traveling Beans but it seemed more appropriate to start a separate blog for my thoughts or more personal musings, or "beans" as we have seemed to adopt. Traveling Beans seems more appropriate for larger, global reflections or themes more directly related to larger issues at hand in our respective regions. That's not saying on Traveling Beans I will tell you all there is to know about South Korea because I am no representative for South Korea, I can only tell you my experiences and what I learn from the people I spend time with. Still, I can get a little more personal on my own page...but still stay connected to the others through our communal page. Hopefully this doesn't split it up too much for ya'll.

This way...I can write more small things more directly related to teaching or small things that happen to me. I don't have to feel like I am monopolizing our communal page. :)

Enjoy.

4 Comments:

Blogger D.M.R said...

Jackie
We miss your presence and your brilliance. I will be here at 9 30 next weekend to hear your voice,
I love you
Danielle

11:13 AM  
Blogger Hilary King said...

jackie,
I am so excited to get to read moer about your little reflections! I love you, you are my friend, and teacher, and I think that being called that for you is perfectly acceptable and justified. much love...
hilary

2:17 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Jackie!!! you sound so together! I love reading about your kids, the culture you are living in, etc. I especially love being able to pick up on your little quirks, even in your writing! I miss you so dearly! I am living in a small flat right now in the south island of NZ with a lovely girl...unfortunately her boyfriend is still living with us and let's put it this way, you thought zach was bad about leaving dishes in the sink. Yeah, it is WRETCHED. You would have an anuerism if you saw some of the messes that get left in this place. How I long for the days of our clean little Babbit 34 suite! I love you Jackie and I hope to hear from you soon!

Nic

5:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

JAckie Teacher

So glad things are well for you..
Goodluck we miss you..

love

your brother

Young

4:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home