Friday, November 04, 2005

a disconnected kind of day...

my 마음 is cut up in
to
home: my body
these legs just don't want to go
conflicted stomach --food or pilates?
breath? it holds and clenches
my mind
my heart
my love...
where they all want to be or should be have to be and just are

i say it's a moody kind of day
with a dirty light blue sky
but why should i say so?
do i need to so i can measure for myself
know where i am in this day with such little minutes

or is it against the rules to be apart
for my mind to be in my stomach
my heart presses these wrinkles in my eyebrows
and my love
my love in my fingers
which
are...

In Fact
it's not a disconnected kind of day
in fact i'm reconnecting
to home
to my body my mind my time what i want what i need
to women in my life
to my language
words

a breath

1 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

That is such a beautiful poem Jackie; it has touched me so much. I have found myself in the midst of a number of 'disconnected days' since I've been here, constantly questioning my life, my choices, myself. I am trying harder to stop questioning and to start living.

I miss you my dear, your smile and your kind words on a dingy, miserable day. I hope you are doing well and life is granting you all the fabulous things that you deserve.

Love Nicole

4:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home