Wednesday, November 16, 2005

power naps: not just for college

I never quite got down the art of power napping until I came to Korea. In college, my 15 or 20 minute power nap always turned into at least 2 hours...or the whole night. Then I would have to postpone my work until the next day or stay up all night, which is why I would need another 2 hour power nap the next day.

However, with my time broken up nice and messily into an hour here or 2 hours there, during which I must lesson plan, run errands, eat, and talk with students or teachers, the power nap is essential with no luxury of it going over 20 minutes. Since I do not want the teachers to see me drool accidentally or I do not want a big sweater imprint on my forehead during my next class I find myself jumping up after passing out for a good 15 minutes. Then I'm refreshed until I go home and crash.

Now that I just had a nice power nap, I can finish lesson planning for my evening class tonight and for my teacher's workshop tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home