Tuesday, June 20, 2006

The New Homestay Dog

It's probably not too fair to write too much about my homestay family, but I have no problems writing about the big white rat they call Tenny, their maltese.

Sure...at times his face may be cute, but I don't care much for him when I am forced to give him the last bite of my fudgesical.

Everyone knows the last bite of a fudgesical or anything chocolate, yummy, or desert is the best bite. Apparently my host-mother is not aware of this. Or maybe she is, but thinks the dog is more deserving.

We are all sitting on the couch. Everyone has enjoyed their ice cream (the host siblings, the mom, or I will take turns bringing a bag of six bars home) and I am the last to finish mine.

Host Mom: "Jackie-ya~~ when you're almost done, don't finish it. Just give it to me so I can give it to Tenny, ok?"

Me: (mortified and scrounging my brain for an answer)"Ummm...well, chocolate is actually very bad for dogs."

HM: "Really? Well, he eats chocolate so well all the time!"

Host Sister: "It's true, mom. They will die early."

HM: (with lots of dramatics and flailing of the head and arms) "Oh no! Our Tenny can not die early or I will just die myself! No, no, no! Don't give him any!"

Me...very happy and satisfied, secretly thanking God for my host sister, kept on eating my fudgesical.

My guard was down, it was the last bite, my mouth was going for last bit of dripping, cool, cholatey-ness and a hand comes SWOOPING in on my stick and next thing I know, the dog-size rat is licking up the chocolate and chomping on the wood.

A very good example of the strange dynamics in the house. Take it for what you will. Ok, so it wasn't as much about the dog, but there isn't much to be said for a dog that hits you to remind you to feed him. I don't feed him table scraps except for when I can no longer take the whining from the rat-dog's mom, "Te~~nny~! Is Ja~~ckie being mean to you? She's not feeding you fo~~od?" Yeah...and he growls at me when I come in the door and then sits on my lap when no one's home. I think he knows I see through his tricks and that I think he's just white stuff compared to our yorkies at home!!

Tenny the Maltese, my nemesis...his silent begging brings on the whining that will eventually drive me out of the house.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

hahaha that post is HYSTERICAL!!! Hang in there girlfriend, and know that you will far outlive that pesky pooch. many more days to enjoy fudgesicles!

Love ya!!!

5:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha! o man . . the only thing worse than being told to save your last bite for someone(thing) else is for that someone(thing) to take the last bite from you just as you're getting ready to savor it . . .

praying that you'll find some blood . .family, that is . . =P

12:59 PM  
Blogger D.M.R said...

Who the hell is so angry with a dog. You're being a psycho I tell you!

8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home