Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Strike Two

A bubbly voice.

"Well, I can't come to tha phone right now, so leave a message, k??!"

That's what I got when I tried to call the second number I searched on the internet for in hopes of finding the long lost sister.

Everyone knows I have two sisters and a brother. There is also another sister and brother I never mention because they are my father's kids who have pretty much written me off and have never been around for me. So why give them the same titles I give to my other siblings who have put a lot of work into me. hmmm...

Anyway, this sister has helped in the past, but marginally. Thing is, we haven't been in touch for almost 6 or 7 years, and she probably knows where my aunts in Korea are and at least my father's birthplace.

In Korea, apparently if you know someone's birthplace and name, you can find them and they're family. This is a wonder to me since my family is so mysterious and our history seems to continue to alude us kids (my other brother and sisters have their own inquiries about our family history).

So...yes, Strike One was when I tracked down my "sister's" old pastor in Bedford, Massachusetts to ask him for my sister's phone number. That number was disconnected. Then through google phone search I found another person of the same name in a nearby area...but then I got the bubbly girl voice.

So...39 days left in Korea and still no actual "blood family."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home