Monday, March 20, 2006

Case of the Mondays

No matter how great your weekend was (in fact that just makes it worse), Mondays are by far the most depressing day...always! I'd like to know, is there anyone out there who actually likes to go to work on Monday morning?

If Kristofer is here, Mondays suck because I hate to kiss him goodbye and walk out the door in the morning. If he's not here, I just want to lay in bed and miss him all day. I wonder if I were doing what I love --dancing perhaps, though I'm starting to wonder if I should choose a new passion that doesn't seem so far out of reach-- maybe I would be jumping out of bed to go to work and would love to talk to everyone. Perhaps, if I actually fluently spoke the language that was used at the workplace and didn't have to worry if I were violating some secret social code every minute, I wonder if that's all it would take to like work more. Then I realize that life isn't anywhere close to no matter what the circumstances; no matter where you are or whether you speak the language or not (because there are always going to be people who don't understand you or care to listen) it would probably be like this. Thus, why fight it. I'm going to take Kristofer's example and just go with things. I definately complain too much these days and am way too negative. I think if I were to just chill a little and stop worrying whether I am being the foreigner who looks like everyone yet sticks out like a sore thumb, then I would want to live life so much more.

Not that I don't want to live...I just don't want to live here...but things are so cool here...do I ever want to live anywhere? I'm always waiting for the next stop. Next thing I know, the next stop is gonna be the last stop...

Ok. So enough stressing whether I'm pleasing the Koreans. If anyone would like to send inspiring quotes or readings my way, I would gladly appreciate it. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Nicole said...

Hello dear Jackie...

I know what you mean about always looking forward to the next stop. Always looking ahead and never being satisfied or happy with the now. Something I've been working on....trying to be happy where I am and stop worrying or wondering if the grass is greener elsewhere. Because it's funny, that we wonder and wonder and wonder and then when we finally leave the place that we were so uncertain about, well, we miss it. I don't know if I have any sort of inspirational quotes for you. I guess I just wanted to let you know that you're not alone. Maybe happiness is just a state of mind and once we allow ourselves to be content with where we're at....maybe that happiness will come through a bit more. :-) Love you dear!

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home