Tuesday, January 03, 2006

I'll finally be the last one...

out of my sisters and brother to get married!!

Now that my family knows, it's time to let y'all know, too. Kristofer and I are engaged! Wait a second...where's the excitement? C'mon, I know you're gonna say, "Uh, duh, we already knew it was gonna happen." But still, give me my hugs and congrats and everything please. :D

When? How? Well...it happened twice. First it was mutual and quiet...though still a huge surprise to me just not one of those blimp in the sky surprises. On the bus down Lexington Avenue Kristofer mentioned something about getting rings....

"But I thought you don't do rings? Remember? Your last girlfriend? "
I was very suspicious.

"Yeah, but we're different. Besides, we're committed."

"But I thought you said rings weren't necessary even for commitments."

"But for marriage they are. We are getting married aren't we?"

Ok....so Kristofer is gonna laugh at me because I never remember things the way they really happen, or rather, I never remember the words correctly. All I know is that he mentioned rings, I was confused because 1) he did say at one time rings were unnecessary and 2) he didn't see the point in institutional marriage (and Emily Kerr is my witness!!), then we agreed we were committed and gonna get married. Though we were talking about a "given", and though I cannot remember the exact words, I do remember all my insides were light and soaring and all I wanted to do was squeeze and hold Kristofer forever on that bus. Also...there was no ring, and all ya'll women may say, then it wasn't official, oh but it was. That time was different.

If you're still not satisfied, well, the ring came later in July. :D I don't have pictures now, but I can describe: a white gold band with a slit that is sealed over with an x and 5 small diamonds. It is difficult to describe, but felt so perfect and beautiful when I slipped it on. It is simple and unique...and just right for Kristofer's recent college graduate pockets. He sent it to me in Korea and proposed over the phone. It is perfect because this year away has been exactly what we need to discover (not so great) patterns we had fallen into, how to grow beyond that, and ready ourselves for when we will together again and for when we will marry.

Oohh...it still feels funny saying it though...even if I'm typing it. I'm just shy because like I said, I'm the last one...the baby. When I told my sister she brought up stories about when I was 2. Augh! I just pray she doesn't break out embarassing pictures of me when I was 10 when Kristofer goes to visit them. :D

So that is the wonderful, fantastic, exhilirating news. I have been dying to tell you all. Forgive me for taking so long. It's just that...well, it was hard getting in touch with my family to tell them. I wanted to tell them with my voice and not through a letter and well...I couldn't tell everyone else without telling the family first. (^_^)

Oh yeah, the date is not official, but the promise is so we will keep you posted on when and where. Keep praying for us!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!NO WONDER YOU EMAILED ME TODAY AND ARE TRYiNG TO GET IN TOUCH WITH EVERYONE!!!!!

7:40 AM  
Blogger Nicole said...

YAY!!! :-)

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home