Tuesday, November 22, 2005

a moment...

I read Kristofer and Hilarys blog entries and I am humbled. Their observations are so full of life, love, reflection, and questions. Mine are so bitter. Where did the bitterness come from?

More importantly, though we are in such far away places in geography and what people would think culturethere are so many similarities. Similarities that prove life is life, people are people, hardship, love, laughter, struggles, and history happen everywhere. Everyone has to deal with waste, transportation, food, celebration, work, family, friends, conflict

I just had a thought. I feel a little bad because I think I have been shallowbut I wont let myself feel bad for long. As Kristofer said to me on the phone the other day, we are all different; we process differently, we have different perspectives, and different experiences. Thats what makes it so amazing for us when we read our drastically different or surprisingly similar responses. Then we can learn from one another, revise, reflect, or challenge each other.

I should begin writing a reflection of my time so far, of this half that is almost over. I know the end is coming quick and at the end there is so much to prepare for: traveling over break, teaching back to back classes the first two weeks in January, Christimas for students family and schoolYoud think that the end of the year would ideally be a great time to slow down for everyone because thats what nature does the animals go to rest, the earth must yield until spring, the sun seems to sleep more as our afternoons become evenings...

However, I wonder when I will find rest. I suppose I have it now, i have it today. Lord, help me to utilize these moments of rest well. Thank God I have these beautiful people in my life to help me reconsider what is important; these people who with their hearts, eyes, and words help me to at least slow down my thoughts so that I can enjoy these fast full moments with my new family here in Korea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home